Oops, didn’t notice this one from two days ago – CU2 for 2013 is now available for download from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39609.
Luckily as I’m working as a test engineer at the moment, I can get to test this out immediately – CU1 was way better than RTM – hoping this one is as much of an improvement, as I’m still not convinced it’s production ready…
Note the following from that page:
- Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 includes schema changes. Therefore, you will need to execute setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms.
- Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 includes enterprise Active Directory changes (e.g., RBAC roles have been updated to support new cmdlets and/or properties). Therefore, you will need to execute setup.exe /PrepareAD /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms.
Now, you need to run this on a machine in the same domain *and* the same site as the Schema Master. I didn’t have any 2013 servers in the same site and domain – one or other, not both.
Also, the machine you run it on (I tried it on my old Win 2003R2 server which is the DC / schema master / everything master) requires .Net 4.5 or later. Which it didn’t have. Awesome.
I took the easy option (for me) and moved my schema master to a different site – if you have the same issue and do the same, depending upon site topology and replication schedules you may have to force replication through sites and services to speed things up a bit.
I can see some Exchange admin frustration down the line with that one…